Topic: Medication Classifications
This week you will investigate different drug categories, their mechanism of action and patient education needed for each.
Select ONE of the topics below and reference sites. Please answer the following questions related to the option you chose.
1. Which site did you choose and why?
2. What medication did you choose? What classification does the medication fall under?
3. Does it indicate the mechanism of action and clinical indications?
4. Is there concern regarding side effects or interactions that the patient should be educated about? How would you present this to the patient?
NOTE: If you cannot locate answers to the questions above from the site you chose you can use other resources to complete the questions.
– High Blood Pressure: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/High-Blood-Pressure-or-Hypertension_UCM_002020_SubHomePage.jsp
– Heart Attack: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heartattack/
– Asthma: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
– National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease. (n.d.) Treatment for GER & GERD. How do you control GER and GERD?
This Assignment does not need a cover page or an abstract.