1. Which information is a priority for the RN to reinforce to an older client afterintravenous pylegraphy?
A) Eat a light diet for the rest of the day
B) Rest for the next 24 hours since the preparation and the test is tiring.
C) During waking hours drink at least 1 8-ounce glass of fluid every hour for the next 2days
D) Measure the urine output for the next day and immediately notify the health careprovider if it should decrease.
The correct answer is D: Measure the urine output for the next day and immediatelynotify the health care provider if it should decrease.
2. A client has altered renal function and is being treated at home. The nurse recognizesthat the most accurate indicator of fluid balance during the weekly visits is
A) difference in the intake and output
B) changes in the mucous membranes
C) skin turgor
D) weekly weight
The correct answer is D: weekly weight
3. A client has been diagnosed with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.Which information ismost important for the nurse to reinforce with the client?
A) It is a condition in which one or more tumors called gastrinomas form in the pancreasor in the upper part of the small intestine (duodenum)
B) It is critical to report promptly to your health care provider any findings of pepticulcers
c)Treatment consists of medications to reduce acid and heal any peptic ulcers and, ifpossible, surgery to remove any tumors
D)With the average age at diagnosis at 50 years the peptic ulcers may occur at unusualareas of the stomach or intestine
The correct answer is B: It is critical to report promptly to your health care provider anyfindings of peptic ulcers .
4. A primigravida in the third trimester is hospitalized for preeclampsia. The nurse
determines that the client’s blood pressure is increasing. Which action should the nurse take first?
A) Check the protein level in urine
B) Have the client turn to the left side
C) Take the temperature
D) Monitor the urine output
The correct answer is B: Have the client turn to the left side
5. The nurse is caring for a client in atrial fibrillation. The atrial heart rate is 250 and theventricular rate is controlled at 75. Which of the following findings is cause for the most concern?
A) Diminished bowel sounds
B) Loss of appetite
C) A cold, pale lower leg
The correct answer is C: A cold, pale lower leg
6. The client with infective endocarditis must be assessed frequently by the home healthnurse. Which finding suggests that antibiotic therapy is not effective, and must be reported by the nurse immediately to the healthcare provider?
A) Nausea and vomiting
B) Fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit (39.5 degrees Celsius)
C) Diffuse macular rash
D) Muscle tenderness
The correct answer is B: Fever of 103 degrees F (39.5 degrees C)
7. A client who had a vasectomy is in the post recovery unit at an outpatient clinic. Whichof these points is most important to be reinforced by the nurse?
A) Until the health care provider has determined that your ejaculate doesn’t containsperm, continue to use another form of contraception.
B) This procedure doesn’t impede the production of male hormones or the production ofsperm in the testicles. The sperm can no longer enter your semen and no sperm are in your ejaculate.
C) After your vasectomy, strenuous activity needs to be avoided for at least 48 hours. If your work doesn’t involve hard physical labor, you can return to your job as soon as you
feel up to it. The stitches
generally dissolve in seven to ten days.
D) The health care provider at this clinic recommends rest, ice, an athletic supporter orover-the-counter pain medication to relieve any discomfort.
The correct answer is A: Until the health care provider has determined that your ejaculatedoesn’t contain sperm, continue to use another form of contraception.
8. A client who is to have antineoplastic chemotherapy tells the nurses of a fear of being sick all the time and wishes to try acupuncture. Which of these beliefs stated by the clientwould be incorrect about acupuncture?
A) Some needles go as deep as 3 inches, depending on where they’re placed in the bodyand what the treatment is for. The needles usually are left in for 15 to 30 minutes.
B) In traditional Chinese medicine, imbalances in the basic energetic flow of life —known as qi or chi —
are thought to cause illness.
* C) The flow of life is believed to flow through major pathways or nerve clusters in yourbody.
D) By inserting extremely fine needles into some of the over 400 acupuncture points invarious combinations it is believed that energy flow will rebalance to allow the body’s natural healing
mechanisms to take over.
The correct answer is C: The flow of life is believed to flow through major pathways ornerve clusters in your body.
9. The nurse is discussing with a group of students the disease Kawasaki. What statementmade by a student about Kawasaki disease is incorrect?
A) It also called mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome because it affects the mucousmembranes (inside the mouth, throat and nose), skin and lymph nodes.
B) In the second phase of the disease, findings include peeling of the skin on the handsand feet with joint and abdominal pain
C) Kawasaki disease occurs most often in boys, children younger than age 5 and childrenof Hispanic descent
D) Initially findings are a sudden high fever, usually above 104 degrees Fahrenheit, whichlasts 1 to2 weeks The correct answer is C: Kawasaki disease occurs most often in boys, children younger
than age 5 and children of Hispanic descent
10. A client has viral pneumonia affecting 2/3 of the right lung. What would be the best position to teach the client to lie in every other hour during first 12 hours after admission?A) Side-lying on the left with the head elevated 10 degrees
B) Side-lying on the left with the head elevated 35 degrees
C) Side-lying on the right wil the head elevated 10 degrees
D) Side-lying on the right with the head elevated 35 degrees
The correct answer is A: Side-lying on the left with the head elevated 10 degrees
11. A client has an indwelling catheter with continuous bladder irrigation after undergoing a transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) 12 hours ago. Which findingat this time should be reported to the health care provider?
A) Light, pink urine
B) occasional suprapubic cramping
C) minimal drainage into the urinary collection bag
D) complaints of the feeling of pulling on the urinary catheter The correct answer is C:minimal drainage into the urinary collection bag
12. A nurse is performing CPR on an adult who went into cardiopulmonary arrest. Another nurse enters the room in response to the call. After checking the client’s pulseand respirations, what should
be the function of the second nurse?
A) Relieve the nurse performing CPR
B) Go get the code cart
C) Participate with the compressions or breathing
D) Validate the client’s advanced directive
The correct answer is C: Participate with the compressions or breathing
13. The nurse assesses a 72 year-old client who was admitted for right sided congestiveheart failure. Which of the following would the nurse anticipate finding?
A) Decreased urinary outputB) Jugular vein distention
C) Pleural effusion
D) Bibasilar crackles
The correct answer is B: Jugular vein distention
14. A client with heart failure has a prescription for digoxin. The nurse is aware that sufficient potassium should be included in the diet because hypokalemia in combinationwith this medication
A) Can predispose to dysrhythmias
B) May lead to oliguria
C) May cause irritability and anxiety
D) Sometimes alters consciousness
The correct answer is A: Can predispose to dysrhythmias
15. A nurse assesses a young adult in the emergency room following a motor vehicleaccident. Which of the following neurological signs is of most concern?
A) Flaccid paralysis
B) Pupils fixed and dilated
C) Diminished spinal reflexes
D) Reduced sensory responses
The correct answer is B: Pupils fixed and dilated
16. A 14 year-old with a history of sickle cell disease is admitted to the hospital with adiagnosis of vaso- occlusive crisis. Which statements by the client would be most indicative of the etiology of this crisis?
A) ”I knew this would happen. I’ve been eating too much red meat lately.”
B) ”I really enjoyed my fishing trip yesterday. I caught 2 fish.”
C) ”I have really been working hard practicing with the debate team at school.” D)”I went to the health care provider last week for a cold and I have gotten worse.” The correct answer is D: “I went to the doctor last week for a cold and I have gottenworse.”
17. Which these findings would the nurse more closely associate with anemia in a 10month-old infant?
A) Hemoglobin level of 12 g/dI
B) Pale mucosa of the eyelids and lips
D) A heart rate between 140 to 160
The correct answer is B: Pale mucosa of the eyelids and lips
18. The nurse is caring for a client in hypertensive crisis in an intensive care unit. The
1. Which information is a priority for the RN to reinforce to an older clien
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.
I got my order information wrong, can I change that?
Yes you can. Just reach out to our support team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or live chat here and they’ll help you change the instructions.
Can I place an order via email instead of going through the order page?
Yes you can. Email Anna at email@example.com, she’s in charge of our sales team. Alternatively, you can talk to our Live Chat team here and request to speak to Anna.