Using the courses textbook The Sagebrush State, 5th Edition: Nevada’s History, Government, and Politics(Volume 5) by Michael W. Bowers
In a thoughtful and detailed essay, compare and contrast the Nevada Constitution and the United States Constitution. Be sure to include in (but not limited to) a discussion of the following areas:
Branches of government
For example, the term of offices and requirements in the executive branch in the U.S. is compared to the State of Nevada. Notice that some offices are appointed in the federal government but in Nevada, we elect our Secretary of State as another example. What is the difference between the Vice-President and Nevada’s Lt. Governor?
The following requirements must be shown in your essay:
1. Minimum 3 FULL CONTENT PAGES (Anything short of this will not be counted)
2. Double-space and regular Fonts. Any attempts to change the settings to meet the length requirements will not be accepted.
3. A mandatory separate title page that consists of your name, the title of the paper, the name of the professor, the name of the class, and the date assignment is required.
***Regardless of the format you utilize you must have this separate title page included.
4. Mandatory separate works cited page as well.
5. A minimum of 3 separate citations is shown in the BODY of the paper which must be shown DIRECTLY on the works cited page. Wikipedia and encyclopedias are not allowed as a source.
6. All statistics and quotations MUST have citations immediately after them.
Instructions *** If you are using a Mac Computer you will need to go to your save as an option and save it as a microsoft.doc. option. You will then be able to send it as an attachment in dropbox.
1. You may write as much as you wish but the minimum is 3 full pages.
2. Use MLA, APA, or Chicago Manual style, double-spaced 12-point font, and one-inch margins.
3. Save the document frequently while writing, and be sure to save at least one copy on your computer before submitting it!
4. Be sure to proofread the essay before submitting it.
5. Save the document as a Word file (.doc) or a rich text file (.rtf).
6. Very important: when finished, save a copy of your responses on your computer hard drive (or on a floppy or flash drive). Uploads in Canvas can be problematic, so you may need to send a backup copy in case of upload failure.
7. Submit the essay through dropbox by the due date (check the course calendar for the exact date).
8. *** This essay must be submitted as an ATTACHED FILE ONLY.
9.. ***You need to have a separate title page with your name, class, date of the assignment, and the title of the essay.
10. *** You need to show separate works cited page as
You must have a separate title page and show citations in the body and end of the paper