1. Provide two definitions of homelessness that you found in Homelessness Definitions, Causes, and Numbers . Please include the source for each definition.
2. Identify 5 causes of homelessness or factors that contribute to homelessness that you discovered in . Please include the source for each cause/factor.
3. Provide an estimated number of people experiencing homelessness in Chicago and the United States from Homelessness Definitions, Causes, and Numbers . Please include the source for each number.
4. What finding disturbs you the most?
5. Connect one of your researched causes of homelessness to a story you or your group members remember from a previous week’s video we watched for class or the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless Speakers Bureau.
Homelessness Definitions, Causes, and Number: A First Look into Some Research and Advocacy Sources
Please note that a thorough read of these resources is not required. Please just skim these resources to get a sense of homelessness definitions, causes, and numbers. You will be able to go back to refer to these readings for your Week 6 Research Assignment.
Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
National Coalition for the Homeless
City Colleges Study